All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $94.99Trending at AU $106.80
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.51
- AU $104.90Trending at AU $118.13
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.21
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $107.74
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $106.06
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.61
About this product
- DescriptionWith a gripping tale that transforms our understanding of the Second World War, The Battle of the Atlantic was - though often overlooked - crucial to victory in the Second World War. If the German U-boats had prevailed, the maritime artery across the Atlantic would have been severed. Mass hunger would have consumed Britain, and the Allied armies would have been prevented from joining in the invasion of Europe. There would have been D-Day. Through fascinating contemporary diaries and letters, from the leaders and from the sailors on all sides, Jonathan Dimbleby creates a thrilling narrative that uniquely places the campaign in the context of the entire Second World War. Challenging conventional wisdom on the use of intelligence and on Churchill's bombing campaign, The Battle of the Atlantic tells the epic story of the decisions that led to victory, and the horror and humanity of life on those perilous seas.
- Author BiographyJonathan Dimbleby is a writer, broadcaster and film-maker. He is the chairman of BBC Radio 4's weekly Any Questions? programme and presented ITV's flagship weekly political programme, This Week, for over ten years. He is also the author of Destiny in The Desert: The Road to El Alamein, which was followed by his BBC 2 programme Churchill's Desert War. Both were highly acclaimed. In 2008 his five-part series on Russia was broadcast by BBC 2, accompanied by his book, Russia: A Journey to the Heart of a Land and Its People. His other books include Richard Dimbleby: A Biography, The Palestinians, The Prince of Wales: A Biography and The Last Governor.
- Author(s)Jonathan Dimbleby
- PublisherPenguin Books Ltd
- Date of Publication22/10/2015
- SubjectMilitary History
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Out-of-print date13/12/2016
- Content Note16 pp b&w, 6 maps
- Weight916 g
- Width162 mm
- Height240 mm
- Spine47 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.