All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe battles fought by the British army in 1915, in the second year of the First World War, are less well kwn than those fought immediately after the outbreak of war in 1914 and those that followed in 1916 which culminated in the Battle of the Somme. But the fighting at Aubers Ridge, Festubert, Neuve Chapelle and Loos was just as severe - as was the 1916 battle at Fromelles - and the battlefields are just as interesting to explore today. This volume in the Battle Lines series is the perfect guide to them. Expert guides Jon Cooksey and Jerry Murland take visitors over a series of routes that can be walked, biked or driven, explaining the fighting that occurred at each place in vivid detail. They describe what happened, where it happened and why and who was involved, and point out the sights that remain for the visitor to see. Their highly illustrated guidebook is essential reading for visitors who wish to enhance their understanding of warfare on the Western Front.
- Author BiographyJon Cooksey is a leading military historian who takes a special interest in the history of the world wars. He is the editor of Stand To!, the journal of the Western Front Association, and he is an experienced battlefield guide. His books include The Barnsley Pals, Calais, Harry's War and, as editor, Blood and Iron. Jerry Murland followed a successful career as a teacher and since taking early retirement he has devoted his time to researching and writing about the Great War. His books include Retreat and Rearguard 1914, The Battle on the Aisne 1914, Aristocrats Go to War and Retreat and Rearguard: Somme 1918. Jon Cooksey and Jerry Murland are the joint authors of all the volumes in the Battle Lines series.
- Author(s)Jerry Murland,Jon Cooksey
- PublisherPen & Sword Books Ltd
- Date of Publication07/04/2015
- SubjectMilitary History
- Place of PublicationSouth Yorkshire
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPen & Sword Military
- Content Note150 illustrations
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.20Trending at AU $74.34
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.78
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $73.15
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.45
- AU $36.81Trending at AU $44.56
- AU $46.38Trending at AU $48.26
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.26
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.