Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $11.50Free postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by worldofbooks-australia
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis is longlisted for the Baileys Women's Prize for Fiction (formerly the Orange). Anna is five. Her little brother, Stick, is almost three. They are camping with their parents in Algonquin Park, in three thousand square miles of wilderness. It's the perfect family trip. But then Anna awakes in the night to the sound of something moving in the shadows. Her father is terrified. Her mother is screaming. Then, silence. Alone in the woods, it is Anna who has to look after Stick, battling hunger and the elements to stay alive. Narrated by Anna, this is white-knuckle storytelling that captures the fear, wonder and bewilderment of our worst nightmares - and the power of one girl's enduring love for her family.
- Author BiographyClaire Cameron is a novelist and writer, whose work has appeared in the New York Times, Globe and Mail, and The Rumpus. She worked as a wilderness instructor for Outward Bound and in the early 1990s led canoe trips at a summer camp in Algonquin Park in Canada. This story is inspired by her experiences there. She now lives in Toronto with her husband and two children.
- PrizesLong-listed for Women's Prize for Fiction 2014.
- Author(s)Claire Cameron
- PublisherVintage Publishing
- Date of Publication06/11/2014
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight221 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $69.05Trending at AU $71.47
- AU $84.17Trending at AU $91.13
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $83.49
- AU $11.54Trending at AU $16.38
- AU $14.47Trending at AU $15.13
- AU $19.46Trending at AU $20.37
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.67
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.