All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $34.30Trending at AU $35.14
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.20
- AU $21.73Trending at AU $25.58
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.07
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
- AU $30.28Trending at AU $35.05
About this product
- DescriptionThe Bearded Dragon Manual provides the essential information all devoted bearded dragon owners need to meet the demands of these beautiful, naturally tame reptiles. Since reptiles are cold-blooded creatures, most humans don't instinctively understand their requirements the way they understand the needs of a cat or dog. Herp expert Philippe de Vosjoli and his team of veterinarians and authors seek to make keepers confident in their ability to properly care for their bearded dragons through this most informative book. A key component of caring for bearded dragons, according to the authors, is recognizing that their needs change as they develop. De Vosjoli states in the introduction to the book, Looking at the life stages of bearded dragons also made [the authors] aware that, like humans, they undergo changes in growth and behavior, which may require the dedicated owner to make adjustments in husbandry (and general care) to meet the needs of each life style. The Bearded Dragon Manual is the first book to present this information that is so critical to the proper maintenance of these very popular reptiles. Colorfully illustrated, The Bearded Dragon Manual provides chapter-length coverage on the following topics: selecting a dragon, making a home for a dragon, heating and lighting, diet and feeding management, and behavior. The feeding chapter, which includes as age-by-age guide to nutrition, was co-written with veterinarian Dr. Susan Doghue. A chapter on breeding discusses strategies for breeding dragons, requirements, conditioning, incubation, and potential problems encountered. Lizard vet extraordinaire Dr. Roger Klingenberg has written a chapter on recognizing and treating bearded dragon diseases, in which he discusses how to recognize a sick dragon, various internal and external parasites, nutritional disorders as well as kidney disease, prolapses, egg-binding, respiratory infections, and eye problems. The chapter concludes with a four-page chart for troubleshooting health problems. Herb expert Jerry Cole has provided a special chapter on frilled dragons, an agamid similar to the bearded dragon that has attracted many bearded dragon fans. Appendices and index included.
- Author(s)Philippe De Vosjoli,Robert Mailloux,Susan Donoghue
- PublisherAdvanced Vivarium Systems Inc.,U.S.
- Date of Publication11/10/2001
- SubjectPets & Equine
- Place of PublicationSantee, CA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAdvanced Vivarium Systems Inc.,U.S.
- Content NoteOver 50 colour photos
- Weight299 g
- Width142 mm
- Height218 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Most relevant reviews
- cbdragon421 Jul, 2016by
great book - very thorough - would be good hvg temps in c as well as f though
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: Pre-owned
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.