Save on Fiction Books
- AU $16.82Trending at AU $17.25
- AU $66.82Trending at AU $74.47
- AU $92.35Trending at AU $103.42
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $70.47
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.41
- AU $23.99Trending at AU $25.60
- AU $17.27Trending at AU $23.55
About this product
- Description'There is category of bear whose story makes for more depressing reading, and whose miserable existence heaps more shame on humanity than that which follows...' Taking in these bears in chains, the circus bears of Bristol, the Victorian sewer bears and the spirit bears of the early years, among others, Mick Jackson's strange beast of a book explores some little kwn chapters in England's past. Mixing folk tale with fantasy, and history with myth, the narrative that unfolds is dark, playful and filled with magical moments, as it marches ever forward towards a strange convergence.
- Author BiographyMick Jackson's second novel, Five Boys (2001), was described in the Sunday Times as 'vibrant, happily eccentric and a joy to read'. His previous novel, The Underground Man (1998), was shortlisted for the Booker Prize and the Whitbread First Novel Award, and was the winner of the Royal Society of Authors' First Novel Award. He is also the author of the acclaimed oddity, Ten Sorry Tales (2005).
- Author(s)Mick Jackson
- PublisherFaber & Faber
- Date of Publication02/07/2009
- SubjectHistorical & Mythological Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFaber & Faber
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight235 g
- Width137 mm
- Height204 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edition StatementMain
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.