All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA collection of some two hundred cartoons dedicated in various ways to the Beatles from all latitudes. A subtle thread links the Beatles to comic strips. And t just because the four musicians had always been fanatic readers of those comics printed on cheap paper. Genuine icons of pop culture, like Marilyn and Coca-Cola, they were fated to meet up with the most classic means of expression, with a clear popular bent, a medium with great narrative and entertainment capacities that easily grabbed the attention of teens of both sexes. The book for the first time investigates and documents the interest that cartoonists, publishers and enthusiasts have shown in their special relationship with the universe of comic strips; a rich and variegated relationship with thousands of publications, in every part of the world, and a production that continues to the present day. In some stories the Beatles are the protagonists, in others they make cameo appearances, while others feature their lyrics transformed into comic strips. Published on the 50th anniversary of the Fab Four first single ( Love Me Do ) at the beginning of September 2012, the book celebrates the band with a festive, fun and original product, conveying a dimension that does t age, transmitting the legend that endures through the years and changing fashions.
- Author(s)Enzo Gentile,Fabio Schiavo
- Date of Publication30/07/2012
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Place of PublicationMilan
- Country of PublicationItaly
- Content Note222 colour illustrations
- Weight1150 g
- Width210 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine25 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.53Trending at AU $73.76
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.11
- AU $92.88Trending at AU $102.82
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $84.79
- AU $31.65Trending at AU $34.12
- AU $57.63Trending at AU $60.49
- AU $15.95Trending at AU $24.54
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.