All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.40
- AU $166.95Trending at AU $170.82
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $118.00
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $109.01
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $107.40
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.58
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.95
About this product
- DescriptionThis is a book about what many teachers kw but are increasingly being prevented from talking about: that real education always involves a risk. The risk is there because, as W. B. Yeats has put it, education is t about filling a bucket but about lighting a fire. It is there because students are t to be seen as objects to be moulded and disciplined, but as subjects of action and responsibility. The Beautiful Risk of Education is organised around a critical discussion of seven key educational concepts: creativity, communication, teaching, learning, emancipation, democracy, and virtuosity. By opposing the risk aversion that characterises many contemporary educational policies and practices, Gert J.J. Biesta makes a strong argument for giving risk a central place in our educational endeavours and brings risk taking to the forefront of a critical pedagogical practice.
- Author BiographyGert J.J. Biesta is Professor of Education at the University of Stirling, UK, and Editor of Studies in Philosophy and Education. He is the author of Beyond Learning and co-editor of The Philosophy of Education.
- Author(s)Professor Gert Biesta
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication20/06/2013
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight385 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsLibrary binding
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.