The Bedford Guide for College Writers with Reader by Dorothy M Kennedy, Mr X J Kennedy, University Marcia F Muth (Paperback / softback, 2013)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $164.95+ AU $29.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $32.44+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $103.88Trending at AU $107.25
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.14
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $116.18
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.33
- AU $49.79Trending at AU $51.77
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $104.32
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $88.30
About this product
- DescriptionPACKAGE THIS TITLE WITH OUR 2016 MLA SUPPLEMENT, Documenting Sources in MLA Style (package ISBN-13: 9781319087357). Get the most recent updates on MLA citation in a convenient, 40-page resource based on The MLA Handbook, 8th Edition, with plenty of models. Browse our catalog or contact your representative for a full listing of updated titles and packages, or to request a custom ISBN. </p>Both reliable and invative, <i>The Bedford Guide for College Writers</i> involves students in active learning, whether their writing class meets on campus or online. The guide contains a process-oriented rhetoric and a thematic reader, giving students a rich array of material that will help them develop successful college-level writing skills. Both parts provide frequent opportunities for students to experiment and apply the skills presented. Learning by Doing activities, Responding to an Image practices, and engaging assignments all help students make important writing skills their own. <i>The Bedford Guide</i> helps students to be the confident, resourceful, and independent writers they will need to be. The new edition extends active learning into the online environment, offering integrated e-Pages, including videos, audio segments, and visual essays that take advantage of what the Web can do. </p>See what's in the LaunchPad
- Author Biography<b>X. J. Kennedy</b> is an acclaimed poet, children s author, college teacher, and textbook author. He has taught freshman composition at the University of Michigan; the University of North Carolina, Greensboro; and Tufts University. Since 1966, more than 2 million students have treasured his introductory literature texts and <i>The Bedford Reader</i>, coedited with Dorothy M. Kennedy and Jane E. Aaron, now in its ninth edition.<b>Dorothy M. Kennedy</b> is a writer and editor whose articles and reviews have ppeared in both professional and academic journals. She has taught composition at the University of Michigan and Ohio University and, with X. J. Kennedy, is the recipient of the NCTE Teacher's Choice Award for <i>Knock at a Star: A Child's Introduction to Poetry</i>.<b>Marcia F. Muth</b> teaches, writes, and edits. She has taught first-year writing at The Ohio State University and other introductory courses at St. Peter's College (Englewood Cliffs). Her many writing workshops have been sponsored by Fordham University, the University of Colorado Colorado Springs, and currently the School of Education and Human Development at the University of Colorado Denver. She is the author or coauthor of many composition textbooks and ancillaries, including <i>The Bedford Guide for College Writers, The Concise Bedford Guide for Writers, Writing and Revising: A Portable Guide, Researching and Writing: A Portable Guide</i>, and <i>The St. Martin's Pocket Guide to Research and Documentation </i>(all from Bedford/St. Martin's). Her projects as a writer and an editor have included <i>Harold D. Lasswell: An Annotated Bibliography</i> as well as many grant proposals, textbooks, ancillaries, reports, and other publications. She continues to learn how to write clearly and effectively from her students, editors, reviewers, and writing colleagues.
- Author(s)Dorothy M Kennedy,Mr X J Kennedy,University Marcia F Muth
- PublisherBedford Books
- Date of Publication25/10/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBedford Books
- Weight998 g
- Width185 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
- Edition Statement10th annotated edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.