All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.09
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $170.17
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $117.55
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.59
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.99
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.38
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.54
About this product
- DescriptionPACKAGE THIS TITLE WITH OUR 2016 MLA SUPPLEMENT, Documenting Sources in MLA Style (package ISBN-13: 9781319084561). Get the most recent updates on MLA citation in a convenient, 40-page resource based on The MLA Handbook, 8th Edition, with plenty of models. Browse our catalog or contact your representative for a full listing of updated titles and packages, or to request a custom ISBN. </p>Long one of the most popular composition readers on the market, <i>The Bedford Reader </i>provides compelling readings by excellent writers. It takes a practical and flexible approach to the rhetorical methods, focusing on their uses in varied writing situations. The popular Writers on Writing feature illustrates the many ways writers create meaning from what they read and experience, and the Kennedys' instruction helps students connect critical reading to academic writing. The twelfth edition provides even more helpful guidance for students on critical reading and writing, a new appendix with advice on APA documentation, and an updated selection of compelling readings. The print text is w integrated with e-Pages for <i>The Bedford Reader</i>, designed to take advantage of what the Web can do, with provocative new essays and multimodal selections.
- Author Biography<b>X. J. Kennedy</b> is an acclaimed poet, children s author, college teacher, and textbook author. He has taught freshman composition at the University of Michigan; the University of North Carolina, Greensboro; and Tufts University. Since 1966, more than 2 million students have treasured his introductory literature texts and <i>The Bedford Reader</i>, coedited with Dorothy M. Kennedy and Jane E. Aaron, now in its ninth edition.<b>Dorothy M. Kennedy</b> is a writer and editor whose articles and reviews have ppeared in both professional and academic journals. She has taught composition at the University of Michigan and Ohio University and, with X. J. Kennedy, is the recipient of the NCTE Teacher's Choice Award for <i>Knock at a Star: A Child's Introduction to Poetry</i>.<b>Jane E. Aaron</b> is a professional writer and editor as well as an experienced teacher. She is the author of the best selling <i>Little, Brown Handbook</i> and coeditor of the best-selling<i> Bedford Reader</i>, Eighth Edition (Bedford/St. Martin's, 2003). She has served as consultant, editor, or writer on more than a dozen other textbooks for the first-year composition course.<b>Ellen Kuhl Repetto</b> (M.A., University of Massachusetts Boston) is a freelance editor and writer who has contributed to more than twenty composition readers, handbooks, and rhetorics. She is the author of <i>The Bedford/St. Martin's Textbook Reader</i> (2003), <i>Readings for Discoveries: A Collection of Short Essays</i> (2006), and <i>Hope over Hardship: A History of the Boston Home, 1881 - 2006</i> (2007).
- Author(s)Co-Author Ellen Kuhl Repetto,Dorothy M Kennedy,Jane E Aaron,Mr X J Kennedy
- PublisherBedford Books
- Date of Publication20/12/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectUsage & Writing Guides
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBedford Books
- Out-of-print date12/02/2017
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, colour line drawings
- Weight930 g
- Width163 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
- Edition Statement12th
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.