The Bedside, Bathtub and Armchair Companion to Jane Austen by Douglas Buchanan, Kelly Gesch, Carol J. Adams (Paperback, 2008)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $30.88Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by wordery
- See details for delivery est.
Nearly newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $28.89Free postage
- Like new condition
- Sold by tads-books
- Est. delivery by 31 Oct
- AU $20.95+ AU $7.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis is a fantastically vast and witty companion to everything you need to kw about Jane Austen, presented in a wonderfully fun and entertaining style which will appeal to all readers.Whether you've read Jane Austen once or read her yearly, or if you simply yearn to be Elizabeth or Mr. Darcy, this new Bedside Companion will make a perfect match. Janeite and newcomer alike will revel in the entertaining capsules of each of Austen's beloved vels, along with information on such important subjects as white soup, carriages, what happened at the ha-ha, and, of course, all those characters we love to hate. In the spirit of Austen, maps, puzzles and quizzes are provided - including the one and only Jane Austen Aptitude Test. The reader is taken on location to Steventon, her childhood home, to Bath, the city she was happy to leave, and elsewhere. Included is an interview Karen J. Fowler, author of The Jane Austen Book Club , as well as all the movies made of Austen's stories, from Hollywood to Bollywood. An 'Austentatious' work, indeed! The Bedside, Bathtub & Armchair Companions are concise, witty, and often unexpected takes on the great authors and other figures who are seemingly all around us, like the air we breathe. Perfect for reading or browsing, for the general reader, for the beginning as well as the advanced student, the Bedside, Bathtub & Armchair Companions include plot summaries ( giveaways for the mystery writers!), biographical information, puzzles, posters, film stills, maps, Web sites, international clubs and societies, and more. Stylish, lavishly illustrated, and imaginatively structured, the Bedside Companions currently include volumes on Agatha Christie, Sherlock Holmes, and Shakespeare.
- Author BiographyCarol J. Adams has a master of divinity from Yale University. Author of many books she is best known for her groundbreaking The Sexual Politics of Meat. For more information, visit her web site at www.caroljadams.com Douglas Buchanan, whose interest is in artistic boundary-crossing, studies composition at the Peabody Conservatory of Music with British composer Nicholas Maw. He is a graduate of The College of Wooster. Kelly Gesch is a graduate of The College of Wooster, whose interests are 19th-century feminist theory and literature, is pursuing graduate studies at Villanova University. This is their second book together, following co-authorship, with Carol Adams, on The Beside, Bathtub & Armchair Companion to Frankenstein.
- Author(s)Carol J. Adams,Douglas Buchanan,Kelly Gesch
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication16/10/2008
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Series TitleBedside, Bathtub & Armchair Companions
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintContinuum International Publishing Group Ltd.
- Content Note150 bw illustrations
- Weight363 g
- Width153 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine18 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.06
- AU $20.15Trending at AU $23.77
- AU $30.78Trending at AU $34.76
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.89
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.12
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.23
- AU $28.58Trending at AU $36.36
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.