All listings for this product
Best-selling in Cook Books
Save on Cook Books
- AU $19.37Trending at AU $21.23
- AU $41.05Trending at AU $44.74
- AU $22.23Trending at AU $30.16
- AU $5.75Trending at AU $9.15
- AU $30.93Trending at AU $31.37
- AU $33.93Trending at AU $35.43
- AU $13.65Trending at AU $14.09
About this product
- DescriptionIt's finally here--the comprehensive, authoritative book that does for beer what The Wine Bible does for wine. Written by an expert from the West Coast, where America's craft beer movement got its start, The Beer Bible is the ultimate reader- and drinker-friendly guide to all the world's beers. No other book of this depth and scope approaches the subject of beer?in the same way that beer lovers do--by style, just as a perfect pub menu is organized--and gets right to the pleasure of discovery, kwledge, and conisseurship. Divided into four major families--ales, lagers, wheat beers, and tart and wild ales--there's everything a beer drinker wants to kw about the hundreds of different authentic types of brews, from bitters, bocks, and IPAs to weisses, milk stouts, lambics, and more. Each style is a chapter unto itself, delving into origins, ingredients, description and characteristics, substyles, and tasting tes, and ending with a recommended list of the beers to kw in each category. Hip infographics throughout make the explanation of beer's flavors, brewing methods, ingredients, labeling, serving, and more as immediate as it is lively. The book is written for passionate beginners, who will love its if you like X, try Y feature; for intermediate beer lovers eager to go deeper; and for true geeks, who will find new information on every page. History, romance, the art of tasting, backstories and anecdotes, appropriate glassware, bitterness units, mouthfeel, and more--it's all here. Plus a primer on pairing beer and food using the three Cs-- complement, contrast, or cut. It's the book that every beer lover will read with pleasure, and use with even more.
- Author(s)Jeff Alworth
- PublisherTurtleback Books
- Date of Publication11/08/2015
- SubjectOther Beverages
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTurtleback Books
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.