All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn ten stories spanning almost 40 years, Alice Munro explores the inescapable bonds between two women; Flo, practical and dismayingly vulgar, and Rose, the awkward, dreamy stepdaughter who miraculously forges her own success in the larger world.
- Author BiographyAlice Munro grew up in Wingham, Ontario, and attended the University of Western Ontario. She has published thirteen collections of stories as well as a novel, <i>Lives of Girls and Women, </i>and two volumes of <i>Selected Stories.</i> During her distinguished career she has been the recipient of many awards and prizes, including three of Canada s Governor General s Literary Awards and two of its Giller Prizes, the Rea Award for the Short Story, the Lannan Literary Award, England s W. H. Smith Book Award, the National Book Critics Circle Award, and the Man Booker International Prize. In 2013 she was awarded the Nobel Prize for Literature. Her stories have appeared in <i>The New Yorker, The Atlantic Monthly, The Paris Review, Granta, </i>and other publications, and her collections have been translated into thirteen languages. She lives in Clinton, Ontario, near Lake Huron.
- Author(s)Alice Munro
- PublisherRandom House USA Inc
- Date of Publication01/06/1996
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintVintage Books
- Weight204 g
- Width140 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine15 mm
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $68.55Trending at AU $73.88
- AU $7.43Trending at AU $13.80
- AU $72.58Trending at AU $75.11
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.13
- AU $14.94Trending at AU $19.85
- AU $11.92Trending at AU $16.07
- AU $19.94Trending at AU $23.06
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.