Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.53Trending at AU $73.76
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.11
- AU $92.88Trending at AU $102.82
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $84.79
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $44.69
- AU $46.32Trending at AU $47.88
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $83.60
About this product
- DescriptionA highly illustrated book for beginners in the rapidly growing world of adventure sport. How do you swim in open water? How do you read a compass? How do you fix a puncture? Instructional and highly illustrated, this is a beginner s book of adventure sport for all ages. It features pursuits to make the most out of New Zealand s great outdoors and get you all set up for a lifetime of adventure. Learn the basics of open-water swimming, river kayaking, trail running, mountain biking, climbing and sw sport in New Zealand, then put it all together to compete in our famous multisport and adventure races. With an emphasis on safety throughout, this book has important information on the right gear you ll need for the right pursuit and the essentials of survival in unpredictable environments.
- Author BiographySteve Gurney is New Zealand s action man. He went from forever getting picked last for the lunchtime bullrush team to winning the gruelling Coast to Coast a record nine times. Here he shares twenty years experience as a professional adventure athlete.
- PrizesShortlisted for New Zealand Book Awards for Children and Young Adults: Non-Fiction 2016.
- Author(s)Steve Gurney
- PublisherRandom House New Zealand Ltd
- Date of Publication21/10/2015
- SubjectGeneral Sport & Fitness Training
- Place of PublicationAuckland
- Country of PublicationNew Zealand
- First Published2015
- ImprintRandom House New Zealand Ltd
- Weight561 g
- Width192 mm
- Height241 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.