All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.95Trending at AU $73.98
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.37
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.79
- AU $92.88Trending at AU $103.13
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.04
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $44.80
- AU $46.33Trending at AU $48.02
About this product
- DescriptionFrancis Fukuyama may declare the end of history , and neoliberal capital embraces this belief. However, the diverse struggles for commons and dignity around the planet reveal a different reality: that of the beginning of history. The clash between these two perspectives is the subject matter of this book. This book analyzes the frontline of this struggle. On one side, a social force called capital pursues endless growth and monetary value. On the other side, other social forces strive to rearrange the web of life on their own terms. This book engages with alternative modes of co-production recently posed by the alter-globalisation movement, and it examines what these movements are up against. This passionate account explores groundbreaking new critical political ecomic theory and its role in bringing about radical social change. This book is a must for all political activists and students of political theory.
- Author BiographyMassimo De Angelis is Reader in Political Economy at the University of East London. He is the author of Keynesianism, Social Conflict and Political Economy (2000). He is editor of the web journal The Commoner (www.thecommoner.org).
- Author(s)Massimo de Angelis
- PublisherPluto Press
- Date of Publication01/11/2006
- SubjectPolitical Ideologies & Parties
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPluto Press
- Content Note10 figs
- Weight458 g
- Width150 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.