All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.82
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.80
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.86
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $36.95
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $47.10
- AU $24.97Trending at AU $28.23
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $13.31
About this product
- DescriptionThe behaviour of fiscal authorities and their interplay with budgetary institutions are increasingly important areas of ecomic research, heightened by the move to the single currency in Europe. This volume provides a systematic analysis of issues including the determinants of fiscal retrenchment strategies, the role of numerical and procedural rules, the composition of the adjustment, the (dis)similarity of fiscal behaviour across countries, the interactions between fiscal and monetary authorities, and the long-run factors shaping fiscal behaviour and sustainability. The contributors to this volume include leading academic ecomists who have contributed to shape the research in these matters and policy makers (from the ECB, European Commission, IMF, OECD) who provide an institutionally relevant angle to the analysis.
- Author BiographyMARCO BUTI is currently responsible for public finances in EMU in the Directorate-General for Economic and Financial Affairs, and part time Professor at the European University Institute. He is editor and co-author of a number of books in this area. JURGEN VON HAGEN is Professor of Economics and Director at the Center for European Integration Studies at the University of Bonn. Previously he taught at Indiana University and the University of Manheim. He has published over 150 articles in academic journals. He has been a consultant to the European Commission, the World Bank and the IMF. CARLOS MARTINEZ MONGAY is currently head of sector in the Directorate-General for Economic and Financial Affairs, and Lecturer at the University of Zaragoza. He has published papers in academic journals and has contributed chapters to several monographs.
- Author(s)Jurgen von Hagen
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication26/03/2002
- SubjectEconomics: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationBasingstoke
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Notebiography
- Weight556 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Edited byCarlos Martinez Mongay,Jurgen von Hagen,Marco Buti
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.