All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $70.99Trending at AU $78.30
- AU $65.99Trending at AU $70.92
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.70
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $84.13
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $76.03
- AU $12.61Trending at AU $17.01
- AU $16.67Trending at AU $22.38
About this product
- DescriptionThe third book in Jason Goodwin's celebrated series takes Yashim from the winding alleyways of Istanbul to the decaying grandeur of Venice. Charged by the Sultan to find a stolen painting by Bellini, he enlists the help of his friend Palewski, the Polish Ambassador, and goes undercover. Venice in 1840 is a city of empty palazzos and silent canals, and Palewski starts to mingle with Venetian dealers - self-made men, faded aristocrats and the hedonistic Contessa. But when two bodies turn up in the canal, he realises that art in Venice is a deadly business. And meanwhile, what has happened to Yashim? The Bellini Card is a thrilling adventure in which a quest for a lost painting turns into dangerous game of cat and mouse that threatens to destroy the Ottoman throne and overturn the balance of power in Europe.
- Author BiographyJason Goodwin studied Byzantine History at Cambridge University and lives in Sussex with his family. The first in the Yashim series, The Janissary Tree, has been translated into thirty languages and won the Edgar Award in 2007. The Snake Stone was shortlisted for the Historical Crime Award in 2007.
- Author(s)Jason Goodwin
- PublisherFaber & Faber
- Date of Publication03/07/2008
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Series TitleYashim the Ottoman Detective
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo. 3
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFaber & Faber
- Weight487 g
- Width161 mm
- Height211 mm
- Spine27 mm
- Edition StatementMain
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.