All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $26.95Trending at AU $27.31
- AU $25.33Trending at AU $28.21
- AU $69.00Trending at AU $71.10
- AU $7.80Trending at AU $8.37
- AU $9.82Trending at AU $13.80
- AU $31.38Trending at AU $33.49
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $31.25
About this product
- DescriptionLosing things is very common, but how strange would it be to lose your bellybutton? In the premiere of Doc Colour's first illustrated children's book, The Bellybutton Factory, such is the case of young Nimbolfix, who discovers one morning that his navel is missing. And so the search begins, but Nimbolfix could never have foreseen that such a bizarre predicament would ultimately bring him face to face with Miss Ironseed, the lady in charge of the Bellybutton Factory. But one must be careful for what they ask for because, as Nimbolfix experiences, things can take a wild turn, leaving one to learn what to truly appreciate in life. Set in a whimsical and humorous world, the story's clever stanzas are well complimented by Colour's highly unique illustrative style: bold, black and white images rendered in pen-and-ink resembling woodcuts. The Bellybutton Factory is a witty and thoughtful story: fully illustrated, fully rhyming, and fully imaginative. You will Fully enjoy it!
- Author BiographyDoc Colour was born on Halloween and grew up in the town of Sunnyvale, California. As far back as age four, he can recall finger-painting huge faces and fat trees, knowing then that he would be creating art for the rest of his life. Doc graduated from San Jose State University with a B.A. in Graphic Design: emphasizing in Illustration. During this time, he created his unique, signature style of illustrating bold, black and white images, which he called ZOPS (visit Doc's website at: www.zops.com). These illustrations soon became a self-titled comic panel published in his school newspaper. The panel combined Doc's illustrations and quirky rhymes with an enlightening moral at the end. As his interest for rhyming and illustrating grew, so did his passion for writing children's books, which perfectly combine his love for words, rhyming, illustrating, graphic design, and telling unusual stories. You can look forward to many more stories to come by Doc Colour! Doc is also a wonderfully gifted painter, and enjoys swimming, miniature golf, waterfalls, lots of ice in all of his beverages, spicy food, clever wit, giraffes, fountains, exploring new places, burning mixed music cds, animated movies, and the Czech Republic where he had lived in Prague for 4 years.
- Author(s)Doc Colour
- PublisherDoc Colour
- Date of Publication21/09/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDoc Colour
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight132 g
- Width203 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine4 mm
- Illustrator(s)Doc Colour
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.