All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.89
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $71.21Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $25.48Trending at AU $28.39
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $14.06
About this product
- Description<cite>The Ben Lilly Legend brings back to life a great American hunter-the greatest bear hunter in history after Davy Crockett, by his own account and also by the record. J. Frank Dobie met Lilly and was so struck by this extraordinary man that he collected everything he could find about him. Lilly was born in Alabama in 1856, followed the bear and the panther westward through Mississippi and Louisiana to Texas, leaving a trail of stories about his prowess as a hunter and his goodness as a man. He was at one time chief huntsman to Teddy Roosevelt, hunted in Texas and Mexico, and came to be kwn as the master sign reader of the Rockies. Here are all the stories Ben Lilly told and a great many more Frank Dobie heard about him, put together in a fresh and fascinating contribution to American folklore.
- Author BiographyJ. Frank Dobie was a folklorist and author of many books about Texas life and culture.
- Author(s)J. Frank Dobie
- PublisherUniversity of Texas Press
- Date of Publication01/06/1981
- SubjectBiography: General
- Series TitleThe J. Frank Dobie
- Place of PublicationAustin, TX
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Texas Press
- Weight331 g
- Width3887 mm
- Height5817 mm
- Spine381 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.