All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $70.99Trending at AU $78.30
- AU $65.99Trending at AU $70.92
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.70
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $84.13
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $76.03
- AU $12.61Trending at AU $17.01
- AU $16.67Trending at AU $22.38
About this product
- DescriptionMighty strange doings mark the Pittsburgh of Jacob Bacharach's audacious and hilarious debut vel, a town where yeti, UFOs, rumors of orgiastic rites, intimations of the Mayan apocalypse and 'psycho-temporal distortions' add that extra zing to the bustling night life (James Wolcott). On the edge of thirty, and comfortably adrift in life, Peter Morrison finds his personal and professional life taking a turn for the weird as his attempts to transition into adulthood are thwarted by conspiracies both real and imagined. In this madcap coming-of-age vel, where one quite comes of age, Bacharach brings an immensely entertaining and Vonnegut-like sensibility (Library Journal ) to the aptly surreal satire (Dan Chaon) of hipsters, corporations, and American life in the adolescent years of the twenty-first century. A disarming, intelligent and seriously funny debut, The Bend of the World marks the arrival of Jacob Bacharach as a writer to watch (Bob Hoover, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette).
- Author BiographyJacob Bacharach is the author of The Bend of the World and The Doorposts of Your House and on Your Gates. His writing has appeared in the New Republic and the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. He lives in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
- Author(s)Jacob Bacharach
- PublisherWW Norton & Co
- Date of Publication10/04/2015
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLiveright Publishing Corporation
- Weight280 g
- Width140 mm
- Height211 mm
- Spine22 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.