All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $26.75Trending at AU $27.54
- AU $69.00Trending at AU $71.27
- AU $25.33Trending at AU $28.27
- AU $31.38Trending at AU $33.57
- AU $12.37Trending at AU $13.00
- AU $48.20Trending at AU $49.18
- AU $11.33Trending at AU $13.39
About this product
- DescriptionIt's Eid, and Aneesa should be happy. But her parents are thousands of miles away in Saudi Arabia for the Hajj pilgrimage. To cheer her up, her grandmother gives her a gift of beautiful clothes from Pakistan, one outfit for each of the three days of Eid. She even prepares lamb korma, Aneesa's favourite dinner, which they will enjoy when they return from prayers. At the prayer hall, Aneesa meets two sisters who are t dressed in new clothes for the holiday.Aneesa discovers that the girls are refugees. With their father, they have fled from their war-torn country. Aneesa can't stop thinking about the girls and what Eid must be like for them. That's when Aneesa comes up with a plan to help the girls celebrate Eid and make it the best Eid holiday ever.
- Author BiographyAsma Mobin-Uddin, M.D., lives in Columbus, Ohio, and isan active member ofher Muslim community. The Best Eid Ever is her second picture book. Laura Jacobsen is the illustrator of My Brother Loved Snowflakes: The Story of Wilson A. Bentley, the Snowflake Man by Mary Bahr, and Animal Mischief poems by Rob Jackson. She lives in the Gilbert, Arizona.
- Author(s)Asma Mobin-Udin
- PublisherBoyds Mills Press
- Date of Publication22/11/2007
- SubjectPicture Books
- Place of PublicationHonesdale
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBoyds Mills Press
- Out-of-print date10/08/2011
- Content Notefull colour illustrations
- Weight435 g
- Width225 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Illustrator(s)Laura Jacobsen
- Interest Age7 - 9
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.