All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionItaly's gardens speak to us all. In the history of gardening they are the bridge between our world and the ancient world. Their harmony, symmetry and serenity are at once inimitable and universally copied. During the past few years Italy has awoken to a realization of its gardens. In a gardening renaissance, interesting new gardens are being created all over Italy, and there has been exemplary restoration of some historic gardens. In this pioneering new book, Kirsty McLeod and Primrose Bell celebrate over a hundred of the finest Italian gardens open to the public. They take the reader with them on a journey to these gardens: they explore their history and context, and we meet the owners, hear the stories behind the gardens, and learn how they were made and how they are maintained.
- Author BiographyHistorian and biographer KIRSTY McLEOD is the author of many books including A Passion for Friendship: Sibyl Colefax and her Circle; Battle Royal: Edward VIII and George VI; and The Last Summer: May to September 1914. She is also past Chairman of the English Heritage Historic Parks and Gardens Panel, set up to advise English Heritage on England's historic gardens. PRIMROSE BELL is a photographer and journalist with a second life and home in Italy. ROBIN LANE FOX is the gardening correspondent for the Financial Times.
- Author(s)Kirsty McLeod
- PublisherFrances Lincoln Publishers Ltd
- Date of Publication28/02/2013
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFrances Lincoln Publishers Ltd
- Content Note450 colour photographs
- Weight953 g
- Width190 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Photographs byPrimrose Bell
- Introduction byRobin Lane Fox
- Edition StatementPB Reissue
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.84
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.82
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.31
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.95
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $37.00
- AU $44.73Trending at AU $47.15
- AU $25.61Trending at AU $28.26
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.