All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $74.23Trending at AU $76.09
- AU $35.55Trending at AU $38.80
- AU $31.87Trending at AU $37.29
- AU $10.98Trending at AU $15.38
- AU $37.63Trending at AU $38.56
- AU $28.58Trending at AU $51.27
- AU $30.79Trending at AU $36.54
About this product
- DescriptionFrom the Director of Sweetwater Montessori Pre-school and Kindergarten in New Bern, NC (http: //www.sweetwatermontessori.com) comes The Best Pre-school for My Child - How to Define and Choose a Quality Pre-school Option. This book guides parents through the process of selecting a quality pre-school for their child from the perspectives of parent, teacher and pre-school administrator. From making the ecomic decision to send the child to pre-school and figuring out how to pay for tuition at your favorite one, to establishing the pre-school search timetable, through the many factors that make for a quality pre-school experience, all the way to the child's first day of pre-school and beyond, this little book covers many considerations for parents. It includes a wealth of pre-school criteria for the parents to weigh (and thoughts on how to judge each pre-school against the criteria), born of over 20 years of commitment to pre-school excellence. If you are looking for the best pre-school for your first child or have been dissatisfied with an earlier choice, The Best Pre-school for My Child - How to Define and Choose a Quality Pre-school Option will equip you with the right questions to ask and the right observations to make during your pre-school site visits. Moreover, it will help you decipher the answers you receive from the prospective pre-school's staff. This book will provide help in sorting through and making sense of all of the (sometimes conflicting) review and recommendation sources that you will inevitably come across during any thorough pre-school search, and will ultimately guide you to a decision that you can be confident in and comfortable with, kwing that you have selected the best pre-school for your child.
- Author BiographyMariann Seaman, the Director and Head Teacher of Sweetwater Montessori School in New Bern, North Carolina [http: //www.sweetwatermontessori.com] has been involved in Montessori preschool, kindergarten and early elementary education for over 20 years. Mariann's interest in the Montessori Method began while she was pregnant with her twin sons, discovering the Method while researching various potential education alternatives for them. She practiced Montessori in the home with her sons from a very young age and in August of 1991, when her sons were four years old, she enrolled them in a Montessori preschool program in Jackson, Tennessee where she lived at the time. Mariann began her public Monstessori career as a preschool volunteer mom, assisting there three days a week (or more). After five months Mariann became a preschool teacher assistant. In 1996 Mariann Seaman graduated from the Memphis Montessori Institute and received her American Montessori Society Early Childhood Credential for preschool and kindergarten, ages 3-6. Mariann Seaman served as a Head Teacher, Preschool and Kindergarten for nine more years and also served as Secretary on the Board of Directors for the Montessori school in Tennessee until her move to New Bern, North Carolina in June of 2005. In January 2008 Mariann volunteered at another preschool in New Bern, North Carolina in various advisory capacities and served as Treasurer on the Board of Directors. Mariann Seaman started an enrichment class for early elementary home schoolers in September 2008, developing and running that program until May 2011 when she resigned to found the Sweetwater Montessori School in New Bern. Mariann loves being with the children and watching as they grow and flourish in the Montessori environment. She also enjoys meeting and working with so many families who embrace the Montessori philosophy. Mariann Seaman is a certified Montessori teacher through the American Montessori Society (AMS), of which she is a member. Mariann lives in New Bern, NC with Art, her husband of many years. Together they have two grown children.
- Author(s)Mariann Seaman
- Date of Publication04/05/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight77 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine4 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.