All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.61
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $169.05
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $116.86
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.96
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.36
- AU $49.80Trending at AU $52.07
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $104.93
About this product
- DescriptionJohn Chubb shows how we can raise student achievement to levels comparable to those of the best nations in the world through a radically new strategy for raising teacher quality. He asserts that we must attract and retain much higher-caliber individuals in teaching, which we can accomplish by reducing the size and increasing the compensation of the teaching force via techlogy, abolishing licensing and training teachers in institutions and programs that have demonstrated their efficacy in producing effective, and improving the quality of school leadership, on which teaching quality heavily depends.
- Author BiographyJohn E. Chubb is a distinguished visiting fellow at the Hoover Institution and a member of Hoover's Koret Task Force on K-12 Education, is interim CEO of Education Sector, a nonprofit, nonpartisan research organization based in Washington, DC. Benno C. Schmidt, Jr. is the chairman of Avenues, the World School, in New York City, and of the Board of Trustees of the City University of New York (CUNY). He is a former chief executive officer of Edison Schools, a former president of Yale University, and a former dean of the Columbia University Law School.
- Author(s)John E Chubb,John E. Chubb
- PublisherHoover Institution Press,U.S.
- Date of Publication15/01/2013
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationStanford
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHoover Institution Press,U.S.
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight454 g
- Width155 mm
- Height231 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Foreword byBenno C Schmidt,Benno C. Schmidt
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.