All listings for this product
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $16.82Trending at AU $17.29
- AU $66.82Trending at AU $74.24
- AU $92.35Trending at AU $103.70
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $70.66
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.45
- AU $23.99Trending at AU $25.67
- AU $17.27Trending at AU $23.62
About this product
- DescriptionThe father of modern detectives <p/>As punctilious as Poirot, as Miss Marple and as sharp as Sherlock Holmes, Father Brown ranks higher then all of them in the pantheon of literary sleuths. For the confessional this unassuming, incent little priest has gained a deep intuitive kwledge of the paradoxes of human nature. So when murder, mayhem and mystery stalk smart society, only father Brown can be counted upon to discover the startling truth. <p/>The most comprehensive paperback edition available, with introduction and chrology of Chesterton's life and times.
- Author BiographyGilbert Keith Chesterton (1874-1936) was born in Campden Hill, London and educated at St Paul's School and the Slade School of Art and then made his name as a journalist. His first two books were volumes of verse and then in 1904 he wrote The Napoleon of Notting Hill. He followed this with studies of Dickens and Robert Browning and The Man Who Was Thursday. The first Father Brown book, The Innocence of Father Brown, appeared in 1911. In 1922 he was received into the Roman Catholic Church. During his life he produced more than a hundred books, including various religious writings, poetry and essays. He also illustrated the novels of his friend, Hilaire Belloc.
- Author(s)G. K. Chesterton
- PublisherOrion Publishing Co
- Date of Publication04/11/1993
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Series TitleEveryman
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPhoenix (an Imprint of The Orion Publishing Group Ltd )
- Out-of-print date06/12/2005
- Content Notechronology
- Weight226 g
- Width131 mm
- Height199 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Volume editorH. R. F. Keating
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
- Edition StatementNew edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.