All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $74.54Trending at AU $75.65
- AU $35.52Trending at AU $38.58
- AU $31.31Trending at AU $37.07
- AU $17.55Trending at AU $22.78
- AU $10.39Trending at AU $15.29
- AU $37.61Trending at AU $38.34
- AU $26.33Trending at AU $50.97
About this product
- DescriptionFor girls growing up in 1950's Britain, Girl was essential reading. Each week there would be ather gripping installment of Susan of St Brides - Nurse of the Year ; Lettice Leefe, the greenest girl in the school, would get herself into heaps of trouble; advice column Mother Tells You How would provide wise words on how to pack for a holiday weekend; Concerning You would reveal how to choose the most flattering spectacles and the Girl Picture Gallery of lovely paintings to cut out and keep would feature pin-ups of the day such as Humphrey Littleton and Princess Margaret, and a variety of delightful woodland creatures and garden birds. The Best of Girl is a fascinating window onto this hilariously wholesome bygone age of fine upstanding virtue for those too young to remember it, and a completely compulsive stalgia trip for those who aren't.
- Author BiographyThe British comic Girl, sister paper to the popular boys' comic Eagle, was published weekly from 1951-1964. It's most popular comics included Angela Air Hostess , Belle of the Ballet and Kay of the Courier , plus invaluable from Pets Corner , Charm School and Mother Tells You How .
- Author(s)DC Comics
- PublisherCarlton Books Ltd
- Date of Publication02/02/2012
- SubjectHumour: Collections & General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPrion Books Ltd
- Content Noteover 160 picture strips
- Weight862 g
- Width260 mm
- Height335 mm
- Spine13 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.