CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $34.26Trending at AU $43.84
- AU $65.99Trending at AU $74.40
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.43
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $83.68
- AU $13.32Trending at AU $15.85
- AU $17.71Trending at AU $19.69
- AU $16.67Trending at AU $22.32
About this product
- DescriptionThere can be few people who have t heard of Rudyard Kipling's classic Jungle Book , although most will kw the name from the Walt Disney movie rather than the original book of jungle stories. For anyone who falls into that category, here is the perfect opportunity to read the story collections on which the movie was based. Both of Kipling's volumes of Jungle Book stories feature in this massive omnibus edition along with his other Indian classic, Kim . The Jungle Book - Kipling's first collection of stories includes the adventures of Mowgli, the 'man cub' who was raised by wolves in the jungle as well as other famous tales such as 'Rikki-Tikki-Tavi', the mongoose who battles with cobras to save a human family, and 'Toomai of the Elephants'. The Second Jungle Book - Amongst other tales, this book continues the story of Mowgli in a series of adventures that see him finding a King's treasure, banished from a human village for witchcraft and tempted to leave the jungle forever. Kim - Kim tells the story of the son of an Irish soldier who graduates from being a beggar in the streets of Lahore to become one of the most important secret agents in India.
- Author BiographyRudyard Kipling was born in Bombay, India, in 1865. Educated in England at the United Services College in Devon, he returned to India as a young man, working on the Civil and Military Gazette in Lahore. He would go on to write many volumes of poetry, including the famous Gunga Din and If, as well as the Just So Stories, Puck of Pook's Hill, Stalky & Co and numerous others. He died in London in 1936.
- Author(s)Rudyard Kipling
- PublisherCarlton Books Ltd
- Date of Publication13/05/2010
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPrion Books Ltd
- Width172 mm
- Height220 mm
- Format DetailsFlexible plastic/vinyl cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.