The Bi-sexuality of Daniel Defoe: A Psychoanalytic Survey of the Man and His Works by Leo Abse (Paperback, 2006)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $74.36Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by the_nile
- Est. delivery by 9 Nov
- AU $23.16+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by book_fountain
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.48
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.31
- AU $36.78Trending at AU $38.13
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.65
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.24
- AU $25.08Trending at AU $33.89
- AU $19.84Trending at AU $29.50
About this product
- DescriptionDaniel Defoe (1660-1731) is kwn to many only by his first vel, Robinson Crusoe , astonishingly written as he approached his sixtieth year. Ackwledged as the first of English velists, he has also been awarded accolades for being the 'Father of Journalism', the most successful spy in British history, the precursor to contemporary depth psychologists, the most daring of early feminists, the most devious of confidence tricksters and fraudulent entrepreneurs, the unsurpassed travelogue presenter, the first spin-doctor and speech-writer to a king. Hurling his defiances against the Established Church and Roman Catholicism, he was also the intrepid upholder of dissenting beliefs. Leo Abse deploys his forensic skills as a distinguished criminal lawyer and reforming parliamentarian to present an intriguing and vel Freudian overview of all Defoe's major works. Weaving the anecdotal and the personal with profound revelatory explorations of the psychodynamics and psychopathology of Defoe, his conclusions, strikingly relevant to today's political dilemmas, will precipitate debate in university English departments, startle many literary critics and be of absorbing interest to psychoanalysts, psychotherapists, crimilogists and all working in the field of mental health.
- Author BiographyLeo Abse (1917 - 2008) was a lawyer and writer. He attended the London School of Economics and acquired a reputation for his independence of spirit. He was a senior figure within the Labour Party and was a Member of Parliament over nearly 30 years. After his retirement he wrote several political books whose main topics are revealed and explained through a psychoanalytic viewpoint.
- Author(s)Leo Abse
- PublisherKarnac Books
- Date of Publication01/11/2006
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintKarnac Books
- Weight467 g
- Width147 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine25 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.