All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $3.75Trending at AU $7.37
- AU $26.06Trending at AU $30.72
- AU $37.10Trending at AU $43.40
- AU $29.30Trending at AU $31.81
- AU $70.85Trending at AU $79.51
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.39
- AU $19.05Trending at AU $23.14
About this product
- DescriptionThis book is a list of names. This list came from a website that lists the 100 most popular girls' and boys' names by year; we've listed the names for 2012. There are many baby-name books on the market, but ne like this one. This book spells out the names, vertically down the page, and has a Bible verse attached to each letter of each name. While the verses were chosen at random, still, parents are going to recognize some clues of their new child's psychological, physical, or personality traits contained in the verses used for their baby's name. This is t intended by the author. But it is how the human brain and mind works. Why a list of names in an already over-crowded market of baby name books? Because this book reminds us all of the importance of caring for the next generation of our species, starting with the basics - parents, a home, and their name. Included in this book are spiritual clues to the new human being's future, contained within the parent's choice of their baby's name. The naming of a new child is usually a heart-warming event. Parents give months of thought to their child's future identity - do they hang a funny-sounding, but long-lasting family name on their baby, or do they make something up, hoping the name catches on and lasts for generations? Do they combine their names into a new name, or do they wait until the baby is born and 'tells' them what they want to be called? Ather popular method of finding a baby's name is to name the child after someone famous. Famous can mean movie/rock stars, well-kwn people like President John Kennedy, or even characters from the Bible, as are ted in Donna's book, The Bible Codes and Your Baby's Name. The hope of parents who name their children after famous people, or people famous from history, is that, perhaps having the same name, will somehow endow that Child with all the attributes of the famous person; hoping perhaps they'll acquire their own fame. Whatever parents decide, naming a new baby is a loving act that bonds the new family member to his or her loved ones. I hope you find your child's name contained within the lists of names on these pages, and that the experience brings you and your child closer together.
- Author BiographyDonna Woodrum, married 37 years to John Woody Woodrum, the mother of 3, the grandmother of 7, and a great-grandmother. Donna calls herself, Grandma the Great! Donna & Woody also raised 2 foster children for 13 years. Donna obtained a Master's Degree in Clinical Psychology, emphasis on Family & Relationships, from Pepperdine University. Throughout her life, Donna has been fascinated with the names of people; how they got their names, what their name said about people, etc. Possibly because she was not enamored of her own name, yet was unexplainably reluctant to legally change it, Donna has always been interested in the origin and meaning of people's names. Even the number of same letters, and interesting juxtaposition of letters has fascinated her. Her unique new book, The Bible Codes and Your Baby's Name includes a copyright for the format she created specifically for this book - that of spelling the name vertically down the page and attaching a Bible verse horizontally next to a letter, with the same 1st letter of any Bible verse. (The Bible verses were not part of the copyright.) Having taken the top 100 girls and boys names of 2012 for her book, Donna lamented about the state and nature of names in 2012, the list used for her book's publication. There were no girls' names that started with D. Not Diane, Deborah, Dorothy, Denise, or....Donna. John was on the list, and has been on the list forever. Donna knows there is an ebb and flow of popularity in people's names. When politician Hubert Humphrey was born, there already was a lad named Humphrey...who would become the most famous male movie star of all time, Humphrey Bogart. In 2013, the name has all but disappeared from usage in America. That also applies to the names Ulysses, Millard, and Spiro, all names of past American Presidents and a Vice President. If you would like to add your name to the list of names in Donna's next book of Baby Names, you can send her your name information care of this publisher.
- Author(s)Donna Woodrum
- Date of Publication26/11/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectPregnancy & Parenting
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight204 g
- Width127 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Explore Buying Guides
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.