All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $3.76Trending at AU $7.37
- AU $27.80Trending at AU $30.75
- AU $19.24Trending at AU $26.80
- AU $29.32Trending at AU $31.85
- AU $71.12Trending at AU $79.91
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $15.68
- AU $25.16Trending at AU $26.97
About this product
- DescriptionThe Bible and Literature: The Basics provides an interpretive framework for understanding the significance of biblical allusions in literature-even for readers who have little prior kwledge of the Bible. In doing so, it surveys the Bible's influence on a broad range of English, American, and other Anglophone literatures from a variety of historical periods. It also: * offers a greatest hits tour of the Bible * focuses as much on 20th- and 21st-century literatures as on earlier periods * addresses the Bible's relevance to contemporary issues in literary criticism such as poststructuralist, postcolonial, feminist, queer, and narrative theories * includes discussion questions for each chapter and antated suggestions for further reading This book explains why readers need a basic kwledge of the Bible in order to understand and appreciate key aspects of Anglophone literary traditions.
- Author BiographyNorman W. Jones is Associate Professor of English at Ohio State University. He has published numerous essays and books about the interplay of religion and literature. His work has appeared in top journals such as American Literature, Christianity and Literature, Modern Fiction Studies, and Studies in American Fiction.
- Author(s)Norman W. Jones
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication30/11/2015
- SubjectLiterary Studies: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Weight272 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.