All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $71.74
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.89
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $70.83
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.55
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.04
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $112.67
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.44
About this product
- DescriptionTo a deplorable extent, Christians accept Church rituals as sacred but baffling heirlooms from the Church's past. It is to remedy this situation that Father Danielou has written this book. The Bible and the Liturgy illuminates, better than has ever before been done, the vital and meaningful bond between Bible and liturgy. Father Danielou aims at bringing clearly before his reader's minds the fact that the Church's liturgical rites and feasts are intended, t only to transmit the grace of the sacraments, but to instruct the faithful in their meaning as well as the meaning of the whole Christian life. It is through the sacraments in their role as signs that we learn. So that their value will be appreciated, Danielou attempts to help us rediscover the significance of these rites so that the sacraments may once again be thought of as the prolongation of the great works of God in the Old Testament and the New.
- Author BiographyJean Danielou, S.J. (1905-1974) was the author of numerous works, including Why the Church?, The Angels and Their Mission: According to the Fathers of the Church, and Prayer: The Mission of the Church.
- Author(s)Jean Danielou
- PublisherUniversity of Notre Dame Press
- Date of Publication31/12/1973
- SubjectChristianity: Bibles & Liturgy
- Place of PublicationNotre Dame IN
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Notre Dame Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight617 g
- Width152 mm
- Height226 mm
- Spine28 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.