All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $60.69Trending at AU $73.28
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.54
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.78
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.33
- AU $36.16Trending at AU $48.86
- AU $18.16Trending at AU $21.21
- AU $25.01Trending at AU $27.39
About this product
- DescriptionThe Bicycle Cowboy When you have sung all the songs you can remember, debated the world's problems, prayed about everything you can think of, well the truth is, hours on a bicycle turn into days and then weeks, and you begin to look for ways to entertain yourself. One beautiful morning while riding my bicycle between Mile City and Plevna Montana, I saw deer, antelope, horses and a lot of cattle. As I rode along I ticed herds of cattle gathered next to the fence that lined the road. The cattle always looked at me, during those cool early hours of the morning, as if I was supposed to do something for them. That's when I got the idea - They are waiting to be fed! Then I thought again - But wait! They have miles and miles of pasture grass and an abundance of water, why would they be waiting for someone to feed them. Ather thought came to mind - Maybe they are curious about this person riding by on a bicycle. That was an 'aha' moment. They might think I'm on a horse. Maybe they think I'm there to herd them to ather place. Then I got the idea - What if I could herd the cattle up the fence line as a cowboy would do on a horse. I began to whistle, holler, and shout: Get up! Yaw! Well lo and behold the cattle began to moo, move, and then run as I circled back behind the herd and then alongside until I was leading them over the hills, through gullies and streams until they came to a fence. I thanked them for the fun and continued riding while they stood there bewildered. That's when I decided I was - The Bicycle Cowboy; after all, how many other people have herded cattle on a bicycle?!
- Author BiographyRich Korb is an avid bicyclist who has designed and taught bicycle classes and conducted many bicycle tours for students he has taught. Rich Korb has thirty-five years of educational experience as a teacher at every level, and as an administrator. Rich is a national speaker, writer, and consultant. Rich's book - Motivating Defiant and Disruptive Students to Learn published by Corwin Publications as well as two others are used nationally to assist teachers and parents as they work with young people. Rich has presented educational seminars for the Bureau of Education and Research, Otter Creek Institute, Staff Development for Educators, Ideas Unlimited and is an adjunct faculty member for Seattle Pacific University and Brandman University where he offers the national seminar - Motivating Defiant and Disruptive Students to Learn- Strategies That Work. He has designed innovative strategies to enhance student learning while reducing disruptions due to disruptive and defiant behavior.
- Author(s)MR Rich Korb
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication09/01/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectMotor Sports & Cycling
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight86 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine4 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.