All listings for this product
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $72.60
- AU $92.81Trending at AU $103.88
- AU $67.16Trending at AU $74.80
- AU $20.99Trending at AU $22.70
- AU $41.18Trending at AU $43.25
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.48
- AU $30.11Trending at AU $36.20
About this product
- DescriptionA spirited Black Lizard anthology with over a thousand pages of haunted and haunting ghost tales. Includes eerie vintage ghost illustrations. The ghost story is perhaps the oldest of all the supernatural literary genres and has captured the imagination of almost every writer to put pen to the page. Here, Edgar Award-winning editor Otto Penzler has followed his keen sense of the supernatural to collect the most chilling and uncanny tales in the can. These spectral stories span more than a hundred years, from modern-day horrors by Joyce Carol Oates, Chet Williamson and Andrew Klavan, to pulp yarns from August Derleth, Greye La Spina, and M. L. Humphreys, to the atmospheric Victorian tales of Rudyard Kipling, Edith Wharton, and H. P. Lovecraft, tto mention modern works by the likes of Donald E. Westlake and Isaac Asimov that are already classics. Some of these stories have haunted the can fora century, while others are making their first ghoulish appearance in book form. Whether you prefer possessive poltergeists, awful apparitions, or friendly phantoms, these stories are guaranteed to thrill you, tingle the spine, or tickle the funny bone, and keep you turning the pages with fearful delight. Including such classics as The Monkey s Paw and The Open Window andeerie vintage illustrations, and also featuringhaunted mansions, midnight frights, lovers from beyond the grave, rapping, tapping, wailing shades, and ghosts, ghouls, and specters galore! AlsoFeaturinghaunted mansions, midnight frights, lovers from beyond the grave, rapping, tapping, wailing shades, and ghosts, ghouls, and specters galore!
- Author BiographyOtto Penzler is the proprietor of The Mysterious Bookshop in New York City. He was publisher of<i>The Armchair Detective</i>, the founder of the Mysterious Press and the Armchair Detective Library, and created the publishing firm Otto Penzler Books. He has twice received the Edgar Award, for<i>The Encyclopedia of Mystery</i><i>and Detection</i>and<i>The Lineup: The World's Greatest Crime Writers Tell the Inside Story of Their Greatest Detectives, </i>as well as the Ellery Queen Award from the Mystery Writers of America for his many contributions to the field. He is the editor of<i>The Black Lizard Big Book of Pulps</i>, which was a<i>New York Times</i>bestseller, and several more Vintage Crime/Black Lizard anthologies, including<i>The Big Book of Black Mask Stories</i>, <i>The Big Book of Locked-Room Mysteries, </i><i>The Big Book of Sherlock Holmes Stories, </i>and<i>The Big Book of Jack the Ripper.</i>He is alsothe series editor of<i>The Best American Mystery Stories of the Year</i>. His other anthologies include<i>Murder for Love</i>, <i>Murder for Revenge</i>, <i>Murder and Obsession</i>, <i>The 50 Greatest Mysteries of All Time</i>, and<i>The Best American Mystery Stories of the Century.</i>He wrote<i>101 Greatest Movies of Mystery & Suspense</i>. He lives in New York City.
- Author(s)Otto Penzler
- PublisherVintage Books
- Date of Publication18/09/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectHorror & Ghost Stories
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintVintage Books
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight966 g
- Width177 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine38 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.