The Big Book of Therapeutic Activity Ideas for Children and Teens: Inspiring Arts-based Activities and Character Education Curricula by Lindsey Joiner (Paperback, 2011)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $38.97Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by wordery
- See details for delivery est.
Nearly newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $24.00Free postage
- Like new condition
- Sold by thebooksaver
- Est. delivery by 15 Oct
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFor difficult or challenging children and teenagers in therapeutic or school settings, creative activities can be an excellent way of increasing enjoyment and boosting motivation, making the sessions more rewarding and successful for everyone involved. This resource provides over one hundred tried-and-tested fun and imaginative therapeutic activities and ideas to unleash the creativity of children and teenagers aged 5+. Employing a variety of expressive arts including art, music, stories, poetry and film, the activities are designed to teach social skills development, anger control strategies, conflict resolution and thinking skills. Also included are character education activities and ideas for conducting therapeutic day camps, including sample schedules and handouts. The activities can be used in many different settings with all ages, are flexible, and can be adapted for use with individuals or groups. Brimming with imaginative ideas, this resource will be invaluable to anyone working with children and teenagers, including school counselors, social workers, therapists, psychologists and teachers.
- Author BiographyLindsey Joiner is a Positive Behavior Specialist with Meridian Public School District in Mississippi (USA). She is a Licensed Professional Counselor, National Certified Counselor, and Board Qualified Supervisor. Many of the activities in this book were developed as part of Lindsey's experience conducting and supervising day treatment programs for children and teens in a community mental health center. She discovered that creative activities helped to engage and motivate the children and teens, improving their enjoyment and attendance in therapeutic sessions.
- Author(s)Lindsey Joiner
- PublisherJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Date of Publication15/11/2011
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Content Note70 photos/line drawings
- Weight716 g
- Width216 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine18 mm
Save on Other
- AU $13.50Trending at AU $18.85
- AU $33.73Trending at AU $35.08
- AU $6.01Trending at AU $7.29
- AU $15.33Trending at AU $20.52
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.