All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.20Trending at AU $74.34
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.78
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $73.15
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.45
- AU $36.81Trending at AU $44.56
- AU $46.38Trending at AU $48.26
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.26
About this product
- DescriptionFind out why the Dude abides in this complete illustrated history of the greatest cult film of all time. It'll really tie your room together. Whether battling nihilists or simply bowling and drinking Caucasians, the Dude abides. Few other cinematic heroes can claim to have inspired festivals, burlesque shows and even a religion (Dudeism). In time for the fifteenth anniversary of The Big Lebowski, film author and curator Jenny M. Jones tells the full story of the Dude, from the Coen brothers' original idea to how the film secured its place in cinema history. Achievers, as Lebowski fans call themselves, will discover many hidden truths about the Dude and his circle. Interspersed throughout are interviews with cast and crew that paint a vivid picture of what it was like to create a movie so unlike any other and guest essays by prominent experts on the language, art and music of The Big Lebowski.
- Author BiographyJenny M. Jones (Minneapolis, MN), author of The Annotated Godfather, is currently in the film/video department of the Walker Art Center, where she helped organize a complete 35mm retrospective of the work of Joel and Ethan Coen and an on-stage conversation with the brothers. Like Ethan Coen, her work history also includes a brief stint at the fabled Embers Restaurant (featured in A Serious Man).
- Author(s)Jenny M. Jones
- PublisherVoyageur Press Inc
- Date of Publication01/09/2012
- SubjectFilm, TV & Radio
- Place of PublicationStillwater
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintVoyageur Press Inc
- Content Note175 colour illustrations, 75 black & white illustrations
- Weight1361 g
- Width286 mm
- Height241 mm
- Spine25 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.