Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.76
- AU $15.64Trending at AU $18.73
- AU $24.98Trending at AU $25.11
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.59
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $36.82
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $46.93
- AU $24.80Trending at AU $28.01
About this product
- DescriptionIn this exciting new book, leading scientific thinkers address twenty of the really big questions that people have been asking for hundreds of years. Their answers are each put into context by commentaries discussing the differing views of other leading contemporary scientists and looking at how people have tackled the question in the past. The result is a breathtaking tour of scientific thought through the ages and a peek at some of the most cutting-edge and controversial research today. Packed with fascinating insights, it shows how science is investigating problems that affect us all on a large scale and suggests that we are closer to finding solutions to some of life's big questions than we might think. Contributors: John Polkinghorne, Martin Rees, John Barrow, Susan Blackmore, Susan Greenfield, Stephen LaBerge, Robert Plomin, Geoffrey Miller, Michael Rutter, Janet Radcliffe Richards, David M Buss, Dolf Zillmann, Mary Warck, John Sulston, Ronald Melzack, Brian Heap, Michael Ruse, Colin Pillinger, John Leslie and Steven Rose.
- Author BiographyHarriet Swain worked as deputy features editor at the Times Higher Educational Supplement and currently writes for the Guardian on education.
- Author(s)Harriet Swain
- PublisherVintage Publishing
- Date of Publication02/10/2003
- SubjectPopular Science
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight247 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.