All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhat makes me, me - and you, you? What is this thing called 'love'? Does life have a point? Is '' the right answer to this question? Philosophy transports us from the wonderful to the weird, from the funny to the very serious indeed. With the aid of tall stories, jokes, fascinating insights and common sense, Peter Cave offers a comprehensive survey of all areas of philosophy, addressing the big puzzles in ethics and politics, metaphysics and kwledge, religion and the emotions, aesthetics and logic. Replete with a smorgasbord of amusing and mind-boggling examples, The Big Think Book is perfect for anyone who delights in life's conundrums.
- Author BiographyPeter Cave is a lecturer in philosophy for The Open University and a member of the Council of the Royal Institute of Philosophy. He is also the author of Ethics: A Beginner's Guide, Humanism: A Beginner's Guide and The Big Think Book: Discover Philosophy Through 99 Perplexing Puzzles (all Oneworld).
- Author(s)Peter Cave
- PublisherOneworld Publications
- Date of Publication01/10/2015
- SubjectHistory of Ideas & Popular Philosophy
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOneworld Publications
- Weight386 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine30 mm
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $72.93
- AU $23.60Trending at AU $29.65
- AU $33.00Trending at AU $36.60
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $38.02
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $47.93
- AU $30.86Trending at AU $32.07
- AU $23.80Trending at AU $32.73
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.