The Big Wheatfree Gluten Free Cookbook by Dianne Boyle, Jody Vassallo (Paperback, 2008)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $22.68+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $7.98Free postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by countryhouselibrary
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $96.53
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionAround one in 100 people in the UK are estimated to have coeliac disease, a medically diagsed, life-long condition that results in a permanent intolerance to gluten. However, those with the skin condition kwn as dermatitis herpetiformis also need to eat gluten-free foods, as do those people who have an allergic reaction to wheat, though wheat intolerance is quite rare, typically only occurring in children, and may just be a temporary problem. Associated symptoms of wheat intolerance may include eczema and other skin irritations.Gluten is the protein that is found in a number of grains including wheat, barley and rye but some people with coeliac disease are also sensitive to oats. The only way people with these diseases can control the symptoms is by cutting gluten out of their diet permanently. Although this may at first seem drastic, there is still a wealth of wonderful food to be enjoyed. The biggest lifestyle change involves taking care when buying processed foods (even the slightest trace of gluten can make someone with coeliac disease ill) so the best way to ensure that you have eliminated gluten is to prepare food yourself from natural ingredients which you can do if you follow Jody Vassallo's delicious, inspiring collection of over 100 recipes in The Big Wheat & Gluten Free Cookbook .Jody has spent her career creating and styling recipes with some of the most successful cookery writers today, such as Bill Granger and Donna Hay, so you can be sure that her own recipes will be just as modern and tempting. She has developed great-tasting gluten-free recipes t only for everyday staples such as bread and pastry but for Christmas celebrations and parties too. So going on a gluten-free diet doesn't have to be boring and limited when you have delights such as chicken pesto wraps, carrot & walnut muffins or pizza melts to look forward to.
- Author BiographyJody Vassallo trained as a home economist and has been working as a recipe writer and food stylist for the past 15 years. She has collaborated with many leading food writers, such as Bill Granger. Her work has been published both nationally and internationally in The New York Times, Sainsbury's Magazine, Vogue Entertaining, Good Living, Gourmet Traveller and donna hay magazine.
- Author(s)Dianne Boyle,Jody Vassallo
- PublisherGrub Street
- Date of Publication31/03/2008
- SubjectHealth, Dieting & Wholefood Cookery
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintGrub Street
- Content Notefull colour illustrations throughout
- Weight712 g
- Width230 mm
- Height297 mm
- Spine13 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.