All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionTwo wheels, two pedals, a seat and some handlebars the bicycle is a beautifully simple means of transport, and its simplicity has allowed it to enjoy a soaring resurgence of popularity in urban areas, as millions embrace its speed, efficiency, and yes, its aesthetic. The Bike-Owners Handbook is a beautiful little guide for all the millions of bicycle-commuters who just want to kw the basics of repairing and maintaining their bikes, without having to immerse themselves in a vast and complicated technical manual. With sumptuous black and white photography and clear, but warm illustrations, it provides step-by-step explanations to repairing a puncture, adjusting brakes and gears, cleaning a bike and basic maintenance. An appendix at the back of the book provides cycling inspiration and tips from some of the big names in the field. An app of the book will be released towards the end of 2012, and QR codes at the end of each chapter will allow readers to link their iPhones directly to instructional YouTube videos illustrating the repairs step by step.
- Author BiographyPeter Drinkell is a cycling photography, writer and enthusiast. His previous books include Road Climbs of the Alps and other photo-titles for Rapha.
- Author(s)Graeme Fife,Peter Drinkell
- PublisherCicada Books Limited
- Date of Publication01/05/2012
- SubjectMotor Sports & Cycling
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCicada Books Limited
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight140 g
- Width130 mm
- Height170 mm
- Spine10 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.84
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.82
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.31
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.95
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $37.00
- AU $24.97Trending at AU $28.26
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $13.32
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.