Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $33.99Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $25.35Free postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by worldofbooks-australia
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA humorous and very personal guide written by Bill Bailey about his favourite British birds, complete with drawings, tes and cartoons by the comedian himself. 'When herons are spooked they have a habit of vomiting as a defence. Half-digested pieces of eel and water vole skull on your head is t a good look. Just so you kw.' Bill Bailey's Remarkable Guide to British Birds is all about comedian Bailey's love of birds. A visual feast - it is packed with illustrations, sketches and tes by Bailey - as well as informative, it is funny and insightful, and positively crackles with energy, kwledge and wit as he takes us on a journey around the British isles, zooming in on those birds that enthuse him the most. Whether it's what they eat, where they fly to or how they communicate, these birds are always fascinating, and Bailey introduces us to their weird and wonderful ways in a manner that is always entertaining. If you're a parent who'd like to appear a bit clever when your child asks you the name of a bird; if you want to find a new and healthy hobby that takes you outdoors; or whether, quite simply, you want to understand a bit more about our natural environment and have a laugh at the same time, this is the perfect companion book to have. Alongside music and stand-up, one of Bailey's favourite pastimes is birdwatching, which he has been doing since he was a child in the West Country. His fondest memories are of family outings with parents, grandparents and cousins, ticking the birds off in his little Observer's Book of Birds. As he has said about those formative years, 'birdwatching gave a purpose to the day and a love of the natural world which has carried on into my adult life'. A beautifully and originally designed hardback, it will delight Bailey's fans as well as those who like a bit of armchair escapism.
- Author BiographyBill Bailey is a comedian, musician, actor and presenter. He is perhaps most well known for his live shows - most recently Qualmpeddler, Limboland, and The Remarkable Guide to the Orchestra. His work on television includes programmes such as Never Mind the Buzzcocks, Black Books and QI. He was also the host of Bill Bailey's Birdwatching Bonanza in January 2010, and wrote and presented his award-winning documentary about Alfred Russel Wallace, Bill Bailey's Jungle Hero, in 2013. He lives in West London with a small menagerie of animals and humans.
- Author(s)Bill Bailey
- PublisherQuercus Publishing
- Date of Publication20/10/2016
- SubjectNatural History: Animal & Wildlife
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintQuercus Publishing
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight722 g
- Width179 mm
- Height208 mm
- Spine27 mm
Most relevant reviews
- jessicaadams_605 Dec, 2016by
Great Christmas Present Idea!!
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: New
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.88
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.15
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $15.66
- AU $15.52Trending at AU $23.21
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.08
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.20
- AU $30.32Trending at AU $31.91
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.