Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.06
- AU $20.15Trending at AU $23.77
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.22
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.12
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.23
- AU $30.78Trending at AU $34.76
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $31.93
About this product
- DescriptionWilliam Griffith Wilson (November 26, 1895 - January 24, 1971) Founder of Alcoholics Anymous World Service & Conference 1955 Also kwn as Bill W., he recovered from alcoholism and initiated a moral and spiritual recovery program in New York City; later traveled to Ohio and co-founded AA with Dr. Robert Smith in Akron. Subsequently he wrote the primary literature for AA, the books Alcoholics Anymous. The 12 Steps and 12 Traditions, Language of the Heart and AA Comes of Age as well as many articles for their Grapevine magazine. Later Bill succeeded in having the 12 Traditions accepted by the foundation and then created a representative democratic assembly to take over for the foundation and stepped down as the CEO. Then, as an individual member of the organization he developed and longer CEO, he created and succeeded in having the AA Conference accept his 12 Concepts as prudent standards for the operation of the corporate administration of AA world service. Bill championed representative democracy and corporate administration using prudent, practical as well as moral and spiritual principles of fair play, equality and treating members and employees with dignity and respect. I hope you find in this book what I have found: a paradigm for a new religion for the next generation.
- Author BiographyI frequently write books and articles about the ideology of William Griffith Wilson, November 26, 1895 - January 24, 1971. It is my passion. This book is taken from a series of articles I posted on the web media, Linkedin. The reader should gain considerable insight into the ideology of Bill Wilson, his spiritual and moral recovery process and his social plan for a representative democracy and corporate administration. I remain anonymous to respect the traditions of the fellowship of Alcoholics Anonymous. I publish these articles and books as a method of carrying the moral, spiritual and organizational ideas and principles created by Bill Wilson to the few who may gain from or enjoy reading this information. I thoroughly believe that whoever reads the material will benefit greatly, whether they agree or disagree with the material presented in this manuscript. To the professional community please be aware that I am not credentialed nor have any significant education in psychology, sociology, philosophy, religion, business, etc., but neither did Bill Wilson. I will not be writing about that subject material. What I write about is what I have discovered about the ideology of Bill Wilson, mostly based upon experience in the fellowship and reading the literature of Alcoholics Anonymous. It is my hope that others will also find pearls in the spiritual, moral, democratic and administrative concepts he created which go to great lengths to create an organization that provides dignity, respect and equality to its members and employees.
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication04/05/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectReligion: Comparative, General & Reference
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight358 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.