Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $70.99
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.73
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $97.29
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.09
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $36.97
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.76
- AU $71.09Trending at AU $85.59
About this product
- DescriptionUnited and Bally were the only two true US manufacturers of bingo pinball machines, and in the 1950s they fought an all-out battle to capture the elusive bingo pinball machine market. This comparative history details the intriguing story of mid-century, American industrial and entertainment invation that pitted United engineer, Lyndon Durant and Bally's Don Hooker against each other in a battle royale to produce the best bingo pinball machine. Through more than 200 photos and illustrations detailing 60 games, Jeffrey Lawton, premier bingo pinball machine enthusiast, introduces Durant's United games and the simultaneous, and sometimes retaliatory, creative efforts employed by Hooker from 1951 to 1957. Lawton's analysis is complete with photos of rare games and playfields and descriptions of complex bingo pinball circuitry.
- Author BiographyJeffrey Lawton is a collector of bingo pinball machines and expert on United and Bally games. He lives in Ohio.
- Author(s)Jeffrey Lawton
- PublisherSchiffer Publishing Ltd
- Date of Publication20/12/2010
- SubjectHobbies, Pastimes & Indoor Games
- Place of PublicationAtglen
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSchiffer Publishing Ltd
- Content Note207 color photos
- Weight1060 g
- Width216 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine18 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.