All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThoroughly updated and incorporating the most important advances in the fast-growing field of cancer biology, The Biology of Cancer, Second Edition, maintains all of its hallmark features admired by students, instructors, researchers, and clinicians around the world. The Biology of Cancer is a textbook for students studying the molecular and cellular bases of cancer at the undergraduate, graduate, and medical school levels. The principles of cancer biology are presented in an organized, cogent, and in-depth manner. The clarity of writing, supported by an extensive full-color art program and numerous pedagogical features, makes the book accessible and engaging. The information unfolds through the presentation of key experiments that give readers a sense of discovery and provide insights into the conceptual foundation underlying modern cancer biology. The new Second Edition has been comprehensively revised and updated to include major advances in cancer biology over the past six years. Updates include current information on: * The tumor microenvironment * Metastatic dissemination * Tumor immulogy * Cancer stem cells * The epithelial-mesenchymal transition * Multi-step tumorigenesis * Invasion and metastasis * Mutation of cancer cell gemes * Greatly expanded treatment of traditional therapy * Epigenetic contributions * MicroRNA involvement * The Warburg effect Besides its value as a textbook, The Biology of Cancer is a useful reference for individuals working in biomedical laboratories and for clinical professionals. Every copy of the book comes with an updated Pathways in Human Cancer poster and a DVD-ROM containing the book's art program, a greatly expanded selection of movies, audio file mini-lectures, Supplementary Sidebars, and a Media Guide.
- Author BiographyDr. Robert A. Weinberg is a founding member of the Whitehead Institute for Biomedical Research. He is the Daniel K. Ludwig Professor for Cancer Research and the American Cancer Society Research Professor at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT). Dr. Weinberg is an internationally recognized authority on the genetic basis of human cancer and was awarded the U.S. National Medal of Science by President Clinton in 1997.
- Author(s)Robert A. Weinberg
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Inc
- Date of Publication02/06/2014
- SubjectScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationCT
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGarland Publishing Inc
- Content Note583 colour illustrations
- Weight1950 g
- Width216 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine34 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.06
- AU $70.86Trending at AU $126.78
- AU $6.83Trending at AU $10.44
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.49
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $22.27
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.41
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.65
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.