All listings for this product
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $72.93
- AU $23.60Trending at AU $29.65
- AU $33.00Trending at AU $36.60
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $38.02
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $47.93
- AU $30.86Trending at AU $32.07
- AU $23.80Trending at AU $32.73
About this product
- DescriptionThe laser's range of application is extraordinary. Arthur Schawlow says, What instrument can shuck a bucket of oysters, correct typing errors, fuse atoms, lay a straight line for a garden bed, repair detached retinas, and drill holes in dia- monds? O The laser's specifically biomedical uses cover a similarly broad and interesting spectrum. In this book, I have endeavored to convey some of the fas- cination that the laser has long held for me. It is my hope that both clinicians and researchers in the various medical and surgical specialties will find the book a use- ful introduction. Biologists, particularly molecular biologists, should also find a great deal of relevant information herein. This volume's distinguished contributors provide admirably lucid discussions of laser principles, instrumentation, and current practice in their respective special- ties. Safety, design, capabilities, and costs of various lasers are also reviewed. We have aimed to create a practical text that is comprehensive but t exhaustive. Our emphasis on the practical, rather than the esoteric, is dictated t only by the short history of biomedical laser use, but by the extent of the community to which this information will appeal.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication10/10/2011
- SubjectMedical Nursing & Ancillary Services
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note166 black & white illustrations, biography
- Weight551 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Edited byLeon Goldman
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.