Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $13.17Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by blacko55
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $9.99Free postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by newnuseddvdbookscds
- Est. delivery by 2 Nov
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Birthday Present by Barbara Vine - a gripping, psychological thriller packed with menace Intensely imagined, fearful and satisfying' Sunday Times Tory MP Ivor Tesham has unconventional tastes. And in bored housewife Hebe Furnal he finds someone to share and enact his sexual fantasies. However, one day it all goes terribly wrong. Ivor plans a special liaison for Hebe's birthday - a daring sexual adventure. But dangerous games have unforeseen costs and consequences. And when there is an accidental death, scandal and ruin cant be far behind ...How long can a secret stay a secret? How long will friends protect a reputation? And how long before guilt catches up with you? 'The pre-eminent genius of the psychological thriller' Herald 'Gripping, compelling' Mail on Sunday 'Vintage Vine' Literary Review If you like P.D. James, Ian Rankin and Scott Turow, you will love The Bithday Present by Barbara Vine. Barbara Vine is the pen-name of Ruth Rendell. She has written fifteen vels using this pseudonym, including A Fatal Inversion and King Solomon's Carpet which both won the Crime Writers' Association Gold Dagger Award. Her other books include: A Dark Adapted Eye; The House of Stairs; Gallowglass; Asta's Book; No Night Is Too Long; In the Time of His Prosperity; The Brimstone Wedding; The Chimney Sweeper's Boy; Grasshopper; The Blood Doctor; The Mitaur; The Birthday Present and The Child's Child.
- Author BiographyBarbara Vine was the pen-name of Ruth Rendell, and Viking published all of her books under that name. Rendell was an exceptional crime writer, with worldwide sales of approximately 20 million copies, and regular Sunday Times bestsellers. Rendell won numerous awards, including the Crime Writers' Association Gold Dagger for 1976's best crime novel with A Demon in My View, a Gold Dagger award for Live Flesh in 1986, and the Sunday Times Literary Award in 1990. In 2013 she was awarded the Crime Writers' Association Cartier Diamond Dagger for sustained excellence in crime writing. In 1996 she was awarded the CBE and in 1997 became a Life Peer. Ruth Rendell died in May 2015.
- Author(s)Barbara Vine
- PublisherPenguin Books Ltd
- Date of Publication02/04/2009
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPenguin Books Ltd
- Weight204 g
- Width132 mm
- Height200 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $24.37Trending at AU $30.92
- AU $68.55Trending at AU $73.76
- AU $19.97Trending at AU $23.02
- AU $56.63Trending at AU $60.76
- AU $7.48Trending at AU $12.42
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.08
- AU $14.82Trending at AU $17.33
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.