Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.40
- AU $166.95Trending at AU $170.82
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $118.00
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $109.01
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $107.40
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.58
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.95
About this product
- DescriptionWriter's Digest, Judge, 21st Annual Self-Published Awards: I thought this book was great. The authors have taken a revered Asian source of wisdom and turned it on its ear to make it fun and relevant to the modern day. Using clever, tongue-in-cheek and contemporary words and phrases juxtaposed with the often dreary and sometimes cut-throat modern business environment, the authors retain the timeless truths of the original I Ching to offer insight and meaningful advice for current business situations. I was impressed that the authors restrained themselves from making it too blatantly funny, like a spoof of the original, because it would have lost the underlying truths and valuable insights and advice that they provide. But the book is funny, and very enjoyable to read. I think everyone reading the book will be able to see themselves or someone they kw in the scenarios and will certainly identify with the external and internal forces that impact work life. I also liked that despite the humor, there is a lot of -nsense, practical advice--the authors' business savvy and ability to deliver excellent customer service comes through, but so does the authors' seeing a situation for what it is and t allowing clients or others to take advantage of them or manipulate them. This book hits a great balance between entertainment and advice for practical application, and it is written in easily understood language so could be enjoyed by a wide audience. It would be a fun resource to use for team building or as a teaching tool for a lighthearted introduction to the business world.
- Author BiographyJames Gentile is founder and president of North Star Construction Management Inc., and the affiliated development company Polaris Properties, Inc., both located in Allentown, PA. He also owns all or part of several medical centers, a couple industrial parks, an assisted living community, a record company and various other commercial properties in Pennsylvania's Lehigh Valley. Jim holds design patents for electrical components that he invented. He writes and performs his own music, and plays a dozen different instruments. Jim and his wife Denise live in Pennsylvania's Lehigh Valley. Russell Slocum has spent most of his career in marketing and advertising. His first job after graduating from Lycoming College, Williamsport, PA, was with Prentice-Hall, Englewood Cliffs, NJ, where he wrote and designed book jackets and catalogs. Russ spent most of the next decade as a copywriter with ad agencies, with a couple breaks to work as a freelance writer and publishing articles in The New York Times Magazine, Playboy and Atlantic, among other magazines. In 1983 he started his own ad agency, and in 1986 co-founded Slocum Blatt Advertising, Fleetwood, PA. He established The Slocum Group in 2004. Russ and his wife Ann live in Wyomissing, PA.
- Author(s)James Gentile,Russell H Slocum
- PublisherPeripate Press
- Date of Publication28/09/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectCareers & Success
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPeripate Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight245 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.