All listings for this product
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.90Trending at AU $23.01
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $75.38
- AU $32.88Trending at AU $36.70
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.07
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.48
- AU $17.43Trending at AU $19.79
- AU $44.07Trending at AU $51.53
About this product
- DescriptionI am an artist; a figurative painter actually. These ten compositions represent a time in my life when I found solace in the act of creating music rather than painting. I had been given a Steinway pia to store for about 5 years in my home, a Victorian firehouse built in 1886. My favorite piece of music at the time was Erik Satie's Gympedie. I find the work to be bitter-sweet; both beautiful and soulful. It was a work of auditory art that brought me to tears on occasion. I tried to emulate those feeling in several of these compositions. Though I could t read music, these songs came to me, one te leading to ather. A friend, Matt Netto, gifted with a talented ear, was able to write these pieces down for me based on a recording I had sent him. Without Matt, I could t share this work with others. They are simple and written in an unusual key. For some reason I felt drawn to the sounds of the black keys and their emotional undertones. The sharps and flats reflected my own life at the time and my search for purpose and harmony. Now that my life has taken a different direction and purpose as a painter, I have little time to revisit my musical works. This book is meant to document a period of my life that I hope to share with others. Through I have t the talent, in my mind I hear strings and brasses along with this music, a full orchestra I could never express. Through this publication, maybe someone will see some spark of creativity here that they can run with and share. I would welcome that and want to hear for myself the larger fruits of these seeds I offer.
- Author(s)E Gibbons
- Date of Publication11/07/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight163 g
- Width203 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine4 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.