All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDetective Charlie Parker returns with a complex new case - t to be missed for fans of Michael Connelly and Jeffery Deaver. The Black Angel is t an object. The Black Angel is t a myth. The Black Angel lives. A young woman goes missing from the streets of New York. Those who have taken her believe that body cares about her, and that one will come looking for her. They are wrong. She is 'blood' to the killer Louis, the man who stands at the right hand of private detective Charlie Parker, and Louis will tear apart anyone who stands in the way of his attempts to find her. But as Louis's violent search progresses, Parker comes to realize that the disappearance is part of an older mystery, one that is linked to an ornate church of bones in Eastern Europe, to the slaughter at a French monastery in 1944, and to the quest for a mythical prize that has been sought for centuries by evil men: the Black Angel. Yet the Black Angel is more than a myth. It is conscious. It dreams. It is alive. And men are t the only creatures that seek it ...
- Author BiographyJohn Connolly is author of the Charlie Parker mysteries, The Book of Lost Things, the Samuel Johnson novels for young adults and, with his partner, Jennifer Ridyard, co-author of the Chronicles of the Invaders. John Connolly's debut - EVERY DEAD THING - introduced the character of Private Investigator Charlie Parker, and swiftly launched him right into the front rank of thriller writers. All his subsequent novels have been Sunday Times bestsellers. He was the winner of the 2016 CWA Short Story Dagger for On the Anatomization of an Unknown Man (1637) by Frans Mier from NIGHT MUSIC: Nocturnes Vol 2. In 2007 he was awarded the Irish Post Award for Literature. He was the first non-American writer to win the US Shamus award and the first Irish writer to win an Edgar award. BOOKS TO DIE FOR, which he edited with Declan Burke, was the winner of the 2013 Anthony, Agatha and Macavity awards for Best Non-Fiction work.
- Author(s)John Connolly
- PublisherHodder & Stoughton General Division
- Date of Publication18/02/2010
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Series TitleA Charlie Parker Thriller
- Series Part/Volume Number5
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintHodder Paperback
- Weight356 g
- Width143 mm
- Height201 mm
- Spine34 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $30.37Trending at AU $32.26
- AU $29.90Trending at AU $31.74
- AU $12.59Trending at AU $13.10
- AU $46.01Trending at AU $53.33
- AU $41.46Trending at AU $50.01
- AU $28.97Trending at AU $31.88
- AU $12.20Trending at AU $16.34
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.