All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $70.96
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.73
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $97.29
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.09
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $36.97
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.76
- AU $71.09Trending at AU $85.59
About this product
- DescriptionThis book is about the classroom, the most important meeting place for teachers and pupils in an education building. Our kwledge, however, about what happens inside this space is limited. In many respects the classroom is still the black box of the educational system. To open up this box, this volume brings together scholars from the disciplines of Art, Architecture, History, Pedagogy and Sociology. They present a wide variety of new perspectives, methodologies and sources for studying classrooms. The book examines images and representations of classrooms (photographs, paintings and pictures on school walls), writings and documents inside the classroom (school exercise books, teachers' log books and observer reports), memories and personal experiences of classrooms (egodocuments from teachers and pupils, and oral history interviews), the space and design of classrooms (architecture, school murals and the transformation of space), and material objects in the classroom (school furniture, primers for reading and school wall charts). The essays are illustrated with a unique collection of more than fifty photographs of classrooms in Europe.
- Author BiographySjaak Braster is Associate Professor of Sociology at the Faculty of Social Sciences, Erasmus University Rotterdam, and emeritus professor of History of Education at Utrecht University (the Netherlands). Ian Grosvenor is Professor of Urban Educational History at the School of Education, University of Birmingham (England). Maria del Mar del Pozo Andres is Professor of History of Education at the Faculty of Documentation, University of Alcala (Spain).
- PublisherEuropean Interuniversity Press
- Date of Publication29/12/2011
- SubjectHistory: World & General
- Country of PublicationBelgium
- First Published2011
- ImprintEuropean Interuniversity Press
- Content Note99, ill.
- Weight450 g
- Width150 mm
- Height220 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edited byIan Grosvenor,Maria Del Mar Del Pozo Andres,Sjaak Braster
- Edition Statement1st New edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.