All listings for this product
About this product
- Description* The complete true story of one of the best kwn and most colourful combat units of WWII *Dispels the myths surrounding this premier fighting force The Black Sheep is the critically acclaimed history of America's greatest squadron of WWII fighter pilots and its legendary commander Gregory Pappy Boyington. From the formation of the squadron through to its most recent history, Gamble provides details and analysis. His account is a'warts and all' history, which shows that Boyington was t the only oddball in it and the early Corsair fighter was nearly as dangerous to its pilots as to the Japanese. He criticises Boyington for exaggerating his victories and sets down the truth about his exploits.
- Author BiographyBruce Gamble is the also the author of Black Sheep One: The Life of Gregory Pappy Boyington. A retired naval flight officer, Gamble lives in Hendersonville, North Carolina.
- Author(s)Bruce D. Gamble
- PublisherPresidio Press
- Date of Publication15/09/2003
- SubjectMilitary History
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPresidio Press
- Content NoteIllustrations, ports.
- Weight290 g
- Width106 mm
- Height174 mm
- Spine29 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.54
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.78
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.33
- AU $31.69Trending at AU $33.69
- AU $19.98Trending at AU $22.99
- AU $36.16Trending at AU $49.55
- AU $26.67Trending at AU $29.78
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.