All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionChristian Spirituality has recently emerged as a distinct (and growing) academic field in universities, colleges, and theological schools. The Blackwell Companion to Christian Spirituality is a comprehensive single-volume introduction to the subject which takes a thoroughly interdisciplinary, broadly ecumenical approach. Like all volumes in the Blackwell Companions to Religion series, The Blackwell Companion to Christian Spirituality represents the most significant recent scholarship and kwledge in the field. Without attempting to impose a single definition of Christian spirituality upon its contributors, The Blackwell Companion to Christian Spirituality reflects an understanding of the field as the study of the lived experience of Christian faith and discipleship. The six parts of the volume deal with approaches to the study of Christian spirituality, biblical foundations, historical developments, theological perspectives, interdisciplinary dialogue partners, and selected special topics in contemporary Christian spirituality. This volume will be of interest to scholars in the field and in other related disciplines, to undergraduate and graduate students in theology and religious studies, and to Christians of all deminations who desire to learn more about the practice of faith.
- Author BiographyArthur Holder is Dean and Vice President for Academic Affairs and Professor of Christian Spirituality at Graduate Theological Union. A priest of the Episcopal Church, he is the co-translator of Bede: A Biblical Miscellany (1999) and the translator of Bede: On the Tabernacle (1994). He is currently Co-chair of the Christian Spirituality Group of the American Academy of Religion, and serves on the Governing Board of the Society for the Study of Christian Spirituality and the Editorial Board of the Society's journal Spiritus.
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication16/12/2005
- SubjectChristianity: General
- Series TitleWiley Blackwell Companions to Religion
- Place of PublicationChicester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintWiley-Blackwell (an imprint of John Wiley & Sons Ltd)
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight1212 g
- Width187 mm
- Height261 mm
- Spine40 mm
- Edited byArthur Holder
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.18
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.88
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.02
- AU $14.45Trending at AU $21.10
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.07
- AU $35.37Trending at AU $37.41
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.81
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.